Leptopone Arnold, 1916 junior synonym of current valid taxon Centromyrmex Mayr, 1866 feminine
Leptopone Arnold, 1916: 163 [as subgenus of Glyphopone] Type-species: Glyphopone rufigaster (now: junior synonym of Centromyrmex bequaerti), by original designation.
- Leptopone in Ponerinae, Ponerini: Arnold, 1916: 163; Wheeler, 1922: 647.
- Leptopone as genus: Wheeler, 1922: 647.
- Leptopone as junior synonym of Centromyrmex: Brown, 1963a: 9.
- Arnold, G. 1916. A monograph of the Formicidae of South Africa. Part II. Ponerinae, Dorylinae. Annals of the South African Museum 14:159-270. PDF
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1963a. Characters and synonymies among the genera of ants. Part III. Some members of the tribe Ponerini (Ponerinae, Formicidae). Breviora 190:1-10. PDF
- Wheeler, W. M. 1922. Ants of the American Museum Congo expedition. New York: Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History, 1139.