Primary type information: Primary type material: holotype worker. Primary type locality: Democratic Republic of Congo: 10 miles E Stanleyville (= Kisangani), iii.1948, no. 2225 (N.A. Weber). Primary type depository: MCZC. Type notes: This species was referred to as new, described but not named, by Brown, 1954k: 16.
- Bolton, B. 1983. The Afrotropical dacetine ants (Formicidae). Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). Entomology 46:267-416. PDF
- Bolton, B. 1995b. A new general catalogue of the ants of the world. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 504 pp.
- Bolton, B. 2000. The ant tribe Dacetini. Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute 65:1-1028.
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1954k. The ant genus Strumigenys Fred. Smith in the Ethiopian and Malagasy regions. Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology 112:1-34. PDF
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1960c ("1959"). The neotropical species of the ant genus Strumigenys Fr. Smith: group of gundlachi (Roger). Psyche (Cambridge) 66:37-52. PDF