Camponotus (Orthonotus) Ashmead, 1905 homonym replaced by Camponotus (Orthonotomyrmex) Ashmead, 1906
Orthonotus Ashmead, 1905c: 384 Type-species: Formica sericea (obsolete combination of Camponotus sericeus), by original designation.
- Orthonotus as junior homonym of Orthonotus (Hemiptera) Westwood, in Stephens, 1829b: 344.
- Orthonotus in Camponotinae, Camponotini: Ashmead, 1905c: 384.
- Replacement name: Camponotus (Orthonotomyrmex)
- Ashmead, W. H. 1905c. A skeleton of a new arrangement of the families, subfamilies, tribes and genera of the ants, or the superfamily Formicoidea. Canadian Entomologist 37:381-384. PDF
- Stephens, J. F. 1829b. A systematic catalogue of British insects: being an attempt to arrange all the hitherto discovered indigenous insects in accordance with their natural affinities. London: Baldwin & Cradock, xxxiv + 416 + 388 pp.